Highly soluble, easily absorbed form of calcium, that is ideal for individuals with low stomach acid.
- Helps build strong, healthy bones
Anyone above 18 years of age who is keen to have stronger bones
3 – 5 capsules daily, with food
1. Why take calcium supplements with food?
- This is to reduce the risk of gastrointestinal side effects. For example, stomach ache.
2. Does the timing make a difference when taking calcium supplements?
- In general, it is best to consume calcium supplement with food. For example, at mealtime. This is because the presence of food help improve the calcium absorption. For elderly, this timing factor is particularly important , as elderly tend to have lesser stomach acid production.
3.What are the factors that affect the body’s ability to absorb calcium?
- Boost calcium absorption : Vitamin D
- Inhibit calcium absorption : caffeine, excessive fibre, phosphates (in soft drinks)