The heart pumps blood into the arteries (blood vessels), which carry the blood throughout the body. Blood pressure is the force or pressure of blood inside the arteries when the heart beats. High blood pressure, also called hypertension, means that the pressure in your arteries is above the normal range.
People with high blood pressure are more likely to develop coronary artery disease because high blood pressure puts added force against the artery walls. Over time, this extra pressure can damage the arteries. These injured arteries are more likely to become narrowed and hardened by fatty deposits.
Damaged arteries cannot deliver enough oxygen to other parts of the body. For this reason, high blood pressure can harm the brain and kidneys. High blood pressure also increases the risk for stroke, congestive heart failure, kidney disease, and blindness.
High blood pressure usually has no symptoms. It is often called the “silent killer” because it can damage your heart, kidney, and brain, even though you feel no symptoms.
About Hawthorn Extract
Since the 1600s, both Eastern and western herbalist have given recognition Hawthorn as a botanical heart tonic. It leaves, flowers and bright red berries have a variety of bioflavonoid complexes that make Hawthorn and exceptional heart and circulatory remedy.
Health Benefits Of Hawthorn Extract
- Rich in flavonoids, which have been shown to dilate peripheral and coronary blood vessels, helping to alleviate high blood pressure and reducing the severity and frequency of angina.
- The flavonoid also helps to increase oxygen utilization by the heart.
- Strengthen heart muscle wall.
- Helps in Stabilises irregular heartbeat
- Rich in Procyanidins which have sedative and anti-spasmodic effect.